Grain and Forage Seed Agronomy
The activities of the Department of Grain and Forage Seed Agronomy include applied research of cereal, oilseed and pulse crops, as well as forage seed production. The department delivers environmentally sound agronomic knowledge that enhance yield and quality.
- Species, varieties and crop rotation.
- Soil cultivation, soil compaction, soil structure.
- Plant establishment and development, including winter survival of autumn sown crops.
- Crop nutrition and fertilization strategies, quality control of fertilization standards and recommendations.
- Crop protection strategies
Harvesting strategies and techniques.
- The research group is responsible for research and development of conventional and organic production strategies for cereal, oilseed and pulse crops.