More specifically, the research group carries out agronomic research and development encompassing the following topics and their interactions:
- Species, varieties and crop rotation
- Soil cultivation, soil compaction, soil structure
- Plant establishment and development, including winter survival of autumn sown crops
- Crop nutrition and fertilization strategies, quality control of fertilization standards and recommendations
- Crop protection strategies
- Harvesting strategies and techniques
The research group is responsible for research and development of conventional and organic production strategies for cereal, oilseed and pulse crops.