In addition to a national R&D responsibility for fungal diseases in all agricultural crops (agronomic crops, horticultural crops, Christmas tree production, green areas), the section also has responsibility for agrometeorological services.
Important themes and tasks are:
- Diagnostics of fungi and oomycetes
- Biology and epidemiology of fungi and oomycetes
- Testing of chemical and biological fungicides, surveying for fungicide resistance
- Integrated plant protection: Developing models and warning systems for important diseases; alternative control measures, including physical and biological methods
- Quarantine species and new invading species
- Fusarium and mycotoxins in cereals
- Use competence on fungi and oomycetes outside traditional plant protection, including exploitation of bioactive compounds and development of plant protection of marine plants.